Don't Let Washington Tell You What Car You Can Buy!
Make Your Voice Heard
Tax incentives for electric vehicles (EVs) play a vital role in helping increase consumer awareness and green vehicle purchase decisions. Autos Drive America wants to encourage EV investment and create a strong market in the United States that benefits ALL American auto workers and consumers.
Congress is considering discriminatory legislation that will take 90% of today’s electric vehicles off the table for many American families. Section 202(c) of the “The Clean Energy for America Act” will hamper long-term EV growth in the U.S. by:
- Limiting full tax benefits to less than 10% of the current EV market, limiting access for Americans seeking alternatives in the other 90% of the market. Consumers will be forced to consider gas-powered vehicles over EVs, hampering growth in the U.S. EV market.
- Discriminating against American workers with a “one size fits all” approach on labor representation — undercutting a worker’s right to choose their representation by putting the products they produce at a disadvantage.
- Mandating a 2026-production cliff with no consideration for critical supply chain infrastructure, such as domestic battery production, manufacturing flexibility, and EV market conditions.
- Potentially violating WTO rules for the less favorable treatment of “like” imported vehicles.
Today, international automakers account for:
- Nearly half of all U.S. production and new vehicle sales
- 2.1 million direct and indirect U.S. jobs
- 31 facilities producing vehicles, batteries, and components
- 62% market share of green vehicle sales in 2020
We need your help! Make your voice heard below.
Tell Congress you’re opposed to discriminatory EV tax credits.