Manager, Public Affairs
Autos Drive America, the leading trade association representing international automakers with U.S. operations, is seeking an entry-level Manager, Public Affairs to work closely with the team to help advance the association’s mission and deliver results for our members. This is a dynamic position with growth opportunities at the association.
- Coordinate with members of the government affairs, communications, and data analytic departments to provide support and administrative assistance, including but not limited to, meeting logistics, and day of event execution.
- Provide legislative and political research assistance as directed, including drafting summaries.
- Identify relevant issues and trends that are likely to affect public opinion of or attract media attention to Autos Drive America and its members.
- Contribute to the development and distribution of a broad range of external communication mediums, including the association’s strategic plan, press releases, statements, talking points, presentations, newsletter articles, videos, board materials, etc.
- Execute content across Autos Drive America’s social and digital platforms and assist in content development.
- Reinforce brand consistency and excellence in all communication materials.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating website content.
- Responsible for maintaining databases, distribution lists, schedules, and key documents.
- Responsible for compiling and sending out daily news clips.
- Provide general office support.
Four (4) year college degree required. Bachelor's degree in Communications, Advertising, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, Political Science, International Relations, or a related field is preferred.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to provide strategic communications support to key internal and external audiences.
- Strong results-oriented attitude with the ability to effectively work both collaboratively with the team and independently.
- Strong initiative and ability to work proactively with minimal supervision. Excellent time management, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at once.
- Strong sense of teamwork that builds positive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, and a willingness to help others.
Please submit a resume to email@example.com.
About the Association
Autos Drive America is a Washington, D.C.-based trade association representing the U.S. operations of international motor vehicle manufacturers. Our members currently build nearly half of all vehicles made in the United States. With investments valued at over $98 billion that support nearly 2.1 million American jobs, these companies bring significant benefits to communities across the country. Autos Drive America’s mission is to educate policymakers and other stakeholders about the value of global trade and investment to American jobs and the economy, as well as to main street America. Consistent with this mission, we work to promote policies that expand trade, reduce trade barriers, and ensure a level playing field for all U.S. auto manufacturers.
Autos Drive America offers competitive benefits – 401(k), health, dental and vision, paid time off, holiday leave, professional development opportunities, and more.
Autos Drive America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Autos Drive America does not discriminate in hiring or any other personnel action on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, physical and/or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, credit history, political affiliation, matriculation, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable laws.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, and/or remove duties, and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.